MINASLIGAS carries out various projects for sustainability within its premises, by implementing programs for Environmental Education, selective collection of residues, animal life monitoring and restoration of terrain surface in exhausted quartz mines.
MINASLIGAS carries out all necessary actions to keep the land within its agroforestry assets free from erosion and free from any kind of degradation. The company, invests permanently in the monitoring and preservation of the quality of the soil, the liquid effluents, It acts in the prevention and fighting of forest fires, so as to preserve both its native and planted forests.
The Environmental Education Program aims at raising the consciousness of MINASLIGAS’ employees, through training, work standard practices, permanent control of all activities, for the purpose of avoiding wastefulness and of minimizing the environmental impact of the company’s operations.
The Environmental Educational Program covers topics related to the life cycle of the various materials, as paper, plastics, glass, metals, etc., and the respective environmental effects. It cover also topics related to the natural water and forests, to the animal traffic, to the natural nourishment chain, the basic sanitation: garbage collection and disposal, water supply, use of agrochemicals, besides topics of regional interest.
To conform to the environmental legislation in force, the following practices are adopted;
- The use of water resources used is previously authorized
Forest exploration starts only after the issuance of license by the legally entitled authority;
- Protected Forest species are preserved, as required by law;
- The transportation of forest products or by-products is duly covered by the legal control documents;
- The measures recommended by law for the use of agrochemicals are strictly followed;
- The equipment used, as agricultural vehicles, tree cutting machines, etc. Is duly registered at the entitled environment protection agency.
| || |